Saturday, May 8, 2010

In Honor of Mom


This is the first Mother's Day without my Mom, and when I first realized I couldn't send a card to her this year for Mother's Day it broke my heart in two. My Mom loved to give and receive cards like no one I've ever known. She was always sending out a card... even just to say she was thinking of me. I didn't realize just how special those cards were until I didn't receive them any longer.

Growing up I used to love to make my own cards, and Mom was always so amazed at my card making abilities. But once I got busy with school, kids... life, I stopped making them. I was trying to decide how I could honor Mom this year, and I decided I'd make her a card. It makes me so sad to know that she isn't home to receive the card, but I knew she would absolutely love it.

So this year I want to honor my Mom, who I love and miss more than words can say... who has left a huge hole in my heart, but has also filled it with a legacy of love and hope. I know some day we will meet again in Heaven, and I eagerly await that day.

1 comment:

  1. That made me tear up (and I'm at my office at work). That was beautiful Liz. A reminder to not take anyone we hold dear for granted.
    Love you,
    Lisa Miller

    ReplyDelete